28 Days of Prayer - Acts 4

Posted by Matt On 6:15 AM
Scripture - Acts 4:8a - "Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them..."

Observation - Luke (the writer of Acts) uses the phrase 'filled with the Holy Spirit' multiple times in Acts. He wants it to be very clear that the transforming work that's being done is being done by God, and not by man.

Application - This is huge for a preacher to remember. There is nothing I have to offer anyone aside from the Holy Spirit. There is no advice, counsel, or thought that is as powerful or transformational as the work of the Holy Spirit. If Luke chronicled all the times I spoke, would he say 'Then Matt, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them...'? I certainly hope and pray so.

Prayer - Dear Lord, may I always remember that you are the giver of life. We are here only because you allow us to be in your sovereignty. Remind me also that not only are you the giver of life, but the speaker of life as well. Only the words and filling of the Holy Spirit can transform lives. Always allow me to remember that and live my life Spirit filled that I may speak your words and truth to those around me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 Responses to '28 Days of Prayer - Acts 4'

My Blog List

Followers