28 Days of Prayer - Acts 20

Posted by Matt On 12:30 PM
Scripture - Acts 20:24 - "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

Observation - Boo-yah! That's all there is to say after Paul lays down this gem. It's amazing to think that Paul is pretty convinced in his mind that going to Jerusalem will result in his own death, but he feels he must go anyway. Whenever you bust out the "I consider my life worth nothing to me" line, you're venturing into some heavy Holy Spirit territory.

Application - What's holding us back from having that type of faith to Jesus and his work?

Prayer - Dear Lord, I thank you for the example Paul is to all followers of Jesus. I thank you that he surrendered completely to you and gave his life for the Gospel. Lord, help me to surrender everything in my life to you. Help me to hold nothing back that I might 'finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.' In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 Responses to '28 Days of Prayer - Acts 20'

My Blog List

Followers