28 Days of Prayer - Acts 11

Posted by Matt On 1:53 PM
Scripture: Acts 11:24 - "He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord."

Observation: This is a reoccurring theme in Acts - the Holy Spirit, faith, and good men. The church was successful with those three ingredients. It seems pretty simple, but has powerful implications.

Application: Would I be described by God as Barnabas here as "a good man, full of the Holy Spirit, and faith"? Even further, am I surrounding myself with people that I could describe that way? Are we holding each other to standards that will help one another grow to this end?

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for those who have gone before and set an example about what it means to live life faithfully to Jesus. Thank you that we even have this opportunity before us. Help me Lord, to be faithful, accountable, and humble so you might describe me as Barnabas was described in this passage. In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 Responses to '28 Days of Prayer - Acts 11'

My Blog List

Followers