28 Days of Prayer - Acts 1

Posted by Matt On 1:29 PM
Over the next 28 days we will be embarking on a journey of prayer, fasting, and scripture reading as a church. Dale and I (on our respective blogs) are going to be sharing what God is saying to us as we read through the book of Acts chapter by chapter over the next 28 days.

I'll be sharing my reflections in the form of S.O.A.P. S.O.A.P. stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer.

S - Acts 1: 4, 5, & 8 - "On one occasion, while he [Jesus] was eating with them, he gave them this command: 'Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit...But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.'"

O - One of the things we know as Christians is that Jesus is calling us to go as he paraphrases what we know as the 'Great Commission' in this passage. But just like these apostles, we shouldn't go anywhere until we have spent time receiving direction from the Holy Spirit.

A - Am I spending enough time listening for God's instruction before I go do His work?

P - Dear God, help me to realize that you are my guide. Help me to spend more and more time each day seeking your will and direction for my life. Remind me constantly of my need for you and put in my heart a desire to pray and to be in your Word. Thank you for your direction in my life to this point and I surrender all direction to you. In Jesus name, Amen.

0 Responses to '28 Days of Prayer - Acts 1'

My Blog List

Followers