Well, I went into today with some questions in my head after an unbelievable Grand Opening. Would anyone return? Would we have new folks? Would the energy be the same? The answers to all those would be a resounding 'yes'! Here are some thoughts from another great Sunday:
  • A couple of highlights first: we had 141 people in attendance today after a Grand Opening of 250! That's really great. During our Preview Services we had right around an average of 75 people, so we nearly doubled from our Grand Opening!
  • It was so great to see so many returning guests this week! I was able to meet several of you at Grand Opening and I was THRILLED to see you back! If I haven't gotten to say hello yet, I'd love to meet you this coming Sunday.
  • We had so many second time guests that we ran out of second time guest gifts! Don't worry, if you didn't get one I promise that you will receive one in the mail this week. We would never deprive someone of a Starbucks experience!
  • We also had a lot of first time guests today - we love first timers! It was great to have you folks today as well.
  • Our Launch Team was still there and in fantastic form as always. I love the energy and excitement you folks bring. I had one Launch Team member tell me and I quote, "I looked around and hardly knew anyone that was there - it was awesome!"
  • Big props to the band for bringing it every week. These guys and gals work so hard to not just perform music, but to lead worship. Great job this week guys.
  • Dale's message was spot on as always. At the end of the message we had several people raise their hands for prayer, in order to establish their life in love and nothing else. If you raised your hand, know that I'm praying for you this week.
  • I loved hearing Cody's testimony at the end of the message. It's so great to hear how God can transform us into something amazing. God's going to use that young man for great things.
  • Closing the service with "The Love of God" was really a perfect end to a perfect day. I love the lyrics to that song.
  • It was also great to see a pastor friend of mine named Glen at BridgeWay today. He came from Galesburg to check out what was happening. Thanks Glen, it was cool to see you there!
  • I want to give a shout out to our children's workers. These folks work hard to create environments for children to experience the love of God on a level they comprehend. You guys are great; you will be blessed for your service!
  • We also had several new volunteers today working in all different areas! We LOVE VOLUNTEERS! If you're interested in volunteering, let me know and we'll get you plugged right in. Trust me, there's nothing greater than volunteering.
  • One of the things I'm really enjoying throughout the day is texting back and forth with Dale as we celebrate what's happening in Morton and in Pekin together. It's so much fun to be part of God's work!
  • I will say, I'm proud of the Irish for a tough win against Michigan State yesterday. That's always a tough matchup, and for the sake of Charlie Weis' job, I'm glad they won.

Thanks everyone for your continued prayer and support of BridgeWay. Don't forget to sign up for a LIFEGROUP (you can check groups out at www.bwcc.tv and email me with the group you'd like to join at pastormarobinson@yahoo.com). See you next Sunday!

0 Responses to 'Sunday Night Reflections - Pekin Campus Edition'

My Blog List

Followers