Friday Leadership Post - Preparation

Posted by Matt On 6:02 AM
We are t-minus 50 hours from the Grand Opening of the Pekin Campus of BridgeWay (as this is being written) and as you can imagine, my thoughts are on preparation. This has been a theme that has been in my head for several months now as we have been preparing like crazy for Sunday. I am to the point where I feel ready, I know our team feels ready, and we are ready for God to do His thing.

This week I heard from Perry Noble (BridgeWay folks will remember from One Prayer) as he talked about preparation. What he said, was that “you can’t plan for a move of God, but you can certainly prepare for it.” I love that. We’ve been tossing that around the office all week here at BridgeWay. We know that we can’t tell God to show up Sunday morning at 10:00 am in the Kerasotes 14 Showplace in Pekin, IL or to the Morton Cinemas at 9:30 and 11:00, it just doesn’t work like that. But we can do everything in our power to be prepared for what God wants to do in those moments.

There is obviously some manual preparation we can do, but the real key here is the spiritual preparation. How am I preparing my heart for a move of God? How much time am I spending during the week preparing my heart for Sunday?

What about you? How prepared is your heart? If God moved in your life would you be prepared? Because this just doesn't apply to new church starts, but to Life Group Leaders, Volunteer Team Leaders and Members, where you work during the week, to your families, your friendships, other relationships, etc.

Let's be prepared for the work God wants to do.

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - Preparation'

My Blog List

Followers