A View from the Side

Posted by Matt On 7:33 AM
This past week has been pretty incredible. I've seen two of my close friends go out on huge leaps of faith to pursue the calling God has for their lives. I've heard stories about how salvation has come to individuals after years of prayer. I've gotten a chance to meet with leaders in the church and hear their heartbeat and passion for God. It's been an incredible week - and it's barely Thursday morning! This is the stuff that makes me tick.

I was reading in Titus 3 yesterday and I ran across this passage that uses a lot of pronouns. One of my favorite 'drive home the point' exercises is to replace the plural pronouns with singular or individual ones. This is what it looks like: "But when the kindness and love of God my Savior appeared, he saved me, not because of righteous things I had done, but because of his mercy. He saved me through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on me generously through Jesus Christ my Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, I might become an heir having the hope of eternal life."

That hit me hard! Thank you Jesus.

0 Responses to 'A View from the Side'

My Blog List

Followers