Friday Leadership Post - Borrowed Faith?

Posted by Matt On 10:36 AM

Not that I’m a liar or anything, but it’s actually Saturday while I’m writing this Friday Leadership Post. Upon completing this, I will go outside, assemble and use for the first time the lawnmower we purchased last night. I know, you’re jealous, but settle down, it will be ok.

My wife and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this summer (praise the Lord) and in our marriage history, this is the first lawnmower that we’ve ever purchased. The first house we lived in we rented and it had a lawnmower in the garage that we used. We ultimately bought that house, and kept the lawnmower until it literally fell apart. From there, I asked around and got a nice lawnmower from a friend of ours, which lasted about a month. From there, a colleague gave me his 20 year old lawnmower and it lasted 3 summers and finally passed on last fall. So, I finally broke down and purchased one.

At this point in the story, you might be thinking “well, that’s 2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.” I assure you there is a point, starting….NOW!

I know people who use faith in the same way. For instance, they’ll have a family member or friend that has a deep passionate relationship with Him, and they’ll just assume that since they’re hanging with this person that they have the same standing with God. They, in essence, are borrowing faith just like I borrowed lawnmowers.

If we are to have a true faith in Jesus Christ, we have to receive the grace that has been extended to us through His death on the cross. We have to see that Christ didn’t just die for the sins of the world, but for ‘my’ sins. He personally sacrificed his life for me, and it’s up to me to believe and receive what He’s done.

Today you may be living off of someone’s faith. What you need to do is go and get your own. Surrender your life to Jesus today.

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - Borrowed Faith?'

My Blog List

Followers