Friday Leadership Post - Savor the Moment

Posted by Matt On 9:49 AM

As a leader I have some propensities to always be looking forward in planning and even looking forward to what God is going to do. While this isn’t a bad thing, God is showing me to appreciate the moments I’m in more than I have been, rather than looking forward all the time.

Just recently I had a meeting scheduled with a couple from BridgeWay. It was a pretty light meeting to touch base on some stuff; nothing urgent. A couple hours beforehand, we talked on the phone debating whether or not to meet, and ultimately, decided to. They arrived and we talked business for about 15 minutes and were really ready to wrap up. Then out of nowhere, we started talking about life and they began to share about things that God was doing in them and what He had been teaching them. It was incredible! We shared laughs, tears, smiles, and prayers. It was a wonderful night! I left the meeting thinking, “Wow, I’m so glad we didn’t cancel that meeting!”

I’m learning that every encounter with folks can move in that way if we take the time to listen for it. When it comes to leading LIFEGROUPS especially, sometimes we can get so wrapped up in group size or who’s here or who’s not, that we lose focus of the people that God has brought together for that evening for His purposes. Never, EVER take for granted who is present at your meetings and why they might be there. SAVOR THE MOMENT! Let God do what He needs to do. The trick is, that YOU as a leader have to be spiritually prepared for what HE wants to do.

Be prepared, be excited, and be expecting!

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - Savor the Moment'

My Blog List

Followers