Friday Leadership Post - Be Strong

Posted by Matt On 2:41 PM

I’ve said this before, but it never ceases to amaze me at how God prepares us through His word for things that we’re going to face. This week has been exhausting. It’s primarily been good, but as I sit in my office on Friday afternoon and reflect on the week that was there’s a lot to be thankful for.

One thing in particular that I’m thankful for was my journey through the book of Joshua over the last couple days. Joshua is a leader who has been groomed by Moses to take over as leader of the Israelites. Moses has died, and now Joshua is in charge. Not only is he leading hundreds of thousands of people, he has to lead them into war to claim a land that God had promised them. This would be a tough task for a leader with experience, but this cat’s a rookie. Tough break buddy, get to it!

God gives Joshua some helpful advice: “Be strong and courageous.” He says this to Joshua 3 different times within the first 9 verses of the book, and again 9 verses later. At first glance it seems as though God is saying, “Don’t be a sissy. Get in there and get the job done!” While that might have been it on some level, I think it was intended more like this: “Joshua, I’m God. I’ve got your back. Everything you need to succeed you have in me. So therefore, be strong and courageous, because I AM GOD!”

What’s even cooler about this is that this phrase of “be strong” is one of the last sentiments that Joshua gives to the people before he dies (Joshua 23:6). Joshua lived his life as God instructed, so when it was all said and done, he knew there was no better advice he could give his followers than the advice that God had given Him: “be strong.”

I don’t know about you, but I needed that this week. It such a comfort to know that whatever situation you find yourself in, God has given you everything you need in His son Jesus to get through it. So (as if I need to say it), “BE STRONG!”

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - Be Strong'

My Blog List

Followers