Friday Leadership Post - Heart

Posted by Matt On 7:22 AM
I was reading through 1 Kings the other day. If you’ve never read 1 Kings, it’s basically a recap of the kings of Israel and Judah from a few thousand years ago. It’s pretty interesting and there is some excellent leadership lessons dispersed throughout.

One guy in particular really jumped out at me. His name was Abijah and there is very little written about him in 1 Kings. What is written about him is very telling however: “He committed all the sins his father had done before him; his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord this God, as the heart of David his forefather had been.” (1 Kings 15:3)

I found this really interesting. Rather than go into detail about the way this guy lead the people, the author simply wrote that his heart was not fully devoted to God – enough said.

This made me wonder about my own heart. I mean, when my days as a leader end, and people have to write a one sentence summary about my heart what will they write? More than that, as God looks at my heart right now, what does he say about it? Does He compare me with followers of Jesus gone by who were lukewarm about their faith? Is there prevalent sin in my life that He needs to deal with? Does He see me as a man after His own heart as He saw David?

I hope it’s the latter, and I’m going to do all that I can to make sure it is. What about you? What would God say about your heart?

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - Heart'

My Blog List

Followers