Prayer breakfast

Posted by Matt On 11:49 AM
I love to pray. In fact over the past few years, God has taught me a lot about prayer. I have seen incredible things happen through prayer. I have grown personally by leaps and bounds through prayer. Prayer is great.

However, I do have a contention with a prayer breakfast. I love to pray - but I also love to eat. I love breakfast, especially when it involves a buffet with and endless supply of bacon. So when those two things combine you would think it would be good, but it turns out it's not. In fact, my thesis is that combining these two elements is downright cruel. Why would you force someone to drop their bacon to pray? God does trump pork, but don't miss the point. It's like when rescue missions make homeless people go to church before they can eat dinner. You can't make God a chore or punishment. It's just not right!

One more note - this breakfast was at 6:30. Seriously people. 6:30. A.M. In the morning. I get up at 6:30. It's not right.

1 Response to 'Prayer breakfast'

  1. Dale said...
    http://mattrobinsonlive.blogspot.com/2008/05/prayer-breakfast.html?showComment=1210910640000#c5621290667568050668'> May 15, 2008 at 9:04 PM

    God trumps pork! Funny stuff...and yes, the combination is definitely a tough one to stomach.

     

My Blog List

Followers