Freedom in Christ

Posted by Matt On 7:54 AM
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the idea of freedom in Christ. I think it's such an awesome concept and so true. I was reminded of this yesterday when meeting with a guy in our church. He had been radically saved in October. He had been freed from all kinds of worldly things and seen his marriage that was hanging by a thread become completely reconciled. It was an awesome meeting.

He shared a story with me that was pretty cool. He told me that to get a job at his current place of employment that he lied and said that he had a four year degree, while he only had a two year degree. He said that a couple months after being saved, he felt really convicted to tell his boss and those around him that he had lied, knowing that he could lose his job. He said the conviction was so strong he couldn't sleep for a whole night, he just laid in bed and sweat. The next day he went in and started telling people, working his way up to his boss. Everyone's response was "It's ok, everyone lies." When he got to his boss, his boss said, "Why are you telling me this?" He said that he was a Christian and he knew he had to tell him. The boss said, "Yeah but why?" My friend said, "Well, I don't know if you know about the Holy Spirit, but He's on my heart telling me that I have to tell you." His boss responded, "This is weird. I've been thinking about faith in God and didn't know if it was real or not. Now I know that it is real."

Only Jesus can take something like that and turn it into a positive. He used something that should have been disaster for His glory. Freedom in Christ. How cool is that?

0 Responses to 'Freedom in Christ'

My Blog List

Followers