Thank you Kokomo First!

Posted by Matt On 9:40 AM
Over this past weekend, we (a BridgeWay Band and myself) had the privilege to travel to Kokomo, IN to Kokomo First Church of the Nazarene. This church is my home church, so it was great to be back and see a lot of friendly faces that I haven't seen in quite awhile.

One of the best parts of going back to a church that you grow up in is seeing how it's changed. This church has changed majorly, as they put on a new addition to the building with a beautiful new auditorium and huge lobby. It's very encouraging for me to see a church that's nearly 90 years old and still has yet to see its best days.

We once again were celebrating as we had about 30 new folks join the email team and received over $1200 in financial contributions! Thanks to this church for their commitment to the work of Jesus in the world today.

Personally it was really great to see family members, friends, and so many new faces that had testimonies about what Jesus has done in their lives. It was also good to see so many people that had invested in me over the years with their time, money, and prayers. I want to encourage you all again that working with children and youth can be tough sometimes; it can feel like one step forward and 10 steps back. But, know that even though it may not seem like it, they are hearing you and they see Jesus in you. Keep doing what you're doing. I am where I am today because people kept investing in me no matter what.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. We are praying for God's continued hand of blessing on Kokomo First in the days and years to come.

0 Responses to 'Thank you Kokomo First!'

My Blog List

Followers