Friday Leadership Post - DWYSYWD

Posted by Matt On 12:08 PM
I first encountered the principle of DWYSYWD (pronounced ‘dwizzy-widd’) with someone that was a pastor at a church I was attending. He was a very charismatic personality with a lot of great leadership skills. Once I was visiting for a few days in the area where he lived and he knew I was coming in and invited me out for lunch the Tuesday I would be in town. We set the date and I was ready to go. I arrived around noon on that Tuesday to the church office to meet up for lunch. I asked the secretary where he was, and she said that he was out to lunch with someone. I had been stood up! Worse yet, there were two of my friends there as well that were waiting for a lunch appointment with this guy. He triple booked the same appointment and still managed to stand everyone up!

Enter the principle of DWYSYWD – simply, ‘Do What You Say You Will Do.’ You can be the most skilled, educated, charismatic leader on the planet, but if you don’t follow through on commitments or back up your words with action, your credibility and leadership is shot. This applies to leadership in the work place, leadership within the church, and leadership in the home. Being a leader of credibility means making scheduled appointments, keeping your word, following through on commitments, and doing what you say you will do.

0 Responses to 'Friday Leadership Post - DWYSYWD'

My Blog List

Followers