Joyful Complaints

Posted by Matt On 8:29 AM
I often poke fun at church people. I mean, it's pretty easy (I am one, so I can say that). My favorite is when people add "bless their heart" after completely blasting someone for being a complete moron. That phrase "bless their heart" is like a license to say whatever you want about someone as long as you add that at the end. Example: "I was talking to Timmy last night and he told me that he got fired from another job today! That guys is a complete idiot, bless his heart." It's really effective.

I was thinking about ways I do this in my own life. One of them is complaining about things I have to do that I really shouldn't complain about. I have these moments when I realize that I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and yet I still do. For instance, camp is coming up. Camp is awesome spiritually and socially for our students. This is the fourth year I'll be director. As good as it always is, I always tend to complain about the amount of time it eats up out of my schedule and the diversion it is from my local ministry.

It's in those moments that God 'smites me.'

I'm not really sure what a smite looks like, but I know what happens between God and I in those times is pretty painful on my end. I've recognized the fact that a leadership position is God saying "I trust you." The more He trusts you, the broader your influence becomes. So, I should be thanking God everyday for trusting me and allowing me to serve Him in this capacity. And I am becoming thankful, everyday.

God even though sometimes I'm a completely ungrateful jerk, I thank you for trusting me - bless my heart.

1 Response to 'Joyful Complaints'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://mattrobinsonlive.blogspot.com/2008/06/joyful-complaints.html?showComment=1214580660000#c785748752316089461'> June 27, 2008 at 8:31 AM

    Thank you. I really needed that.
    Mom

     

My Blog List

Followers